We are now open for the 2022-2023 Energy Assistance/LIHEAP Season!
You must complete an application and schedule an appointment to receive services.
Click the link below for our online scheduling system
Along with your Application for Energy Assistance you will need to provide the following documents, for more information please refer to our Required Documents List.
- Photo ID for all household members 18 and over.
- Verification of Identity for all household members under 18
- Proof of Social Security Number for all household members
- Proof of income for all household members over 18 for the four months prior to application
- Copy of your current utility bill or proof of account number
There are various deductions and exclusions allowed for different types of income. LIHEAP staff must calculate your household’s actual income at the time of appointment .
IF YOU ARE DISCONNECTED
If you have been disconnected or have less than a 10-day supply of oil, wood or propane, please contact your local OlyCAP office to schedule an emergency appointment. Emergency status will be confirmed with your utility provider before an appointment is scheduled.
IF YOU HAVE A DISCONNECT NOTICE
Please contact their energy provider immediately for payments arrangements until your application is processed.
- City of Port Angeles, 360-457-0411
- Clallam County PUD, 360-452-9771, Option 2
- Jefferson County PUD, 360-385-5800
- Mason County PUD, 360-877-5249
OlyCAP may be able to provide up to $1,000 towards your home heating costs each year. If you qualify for the program, you can receive assistance even if you are not behind on your bill and/or have not received a shut-off notice. Funding is currently plentiful and we encourage those who qualify to schedule an appointment.
There are currently three grants available: LIHEAP, LIHWAP and Clallam PUD Low-Income Energy Assistance
Please continue to pay your energy bills or make payment arrangements with your utility provider until your application is processed.
(LOW-INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGAM)
- Funding Available October 2021 thru August 2022
- Wood and Wood Pellets
LIHEAP grants can also cover a situation where your heat is included in your rent.
(LOW-INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM)
- Emergency assistance to low-income households who are disconnected or are in imminent threat of disconnection.
- Funding Available October 2021 thru August 2022.
CLALLAM PUD LOW-INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE
The CPUD Low-Income Energy Assistance Grant is available to Clallam County PUD customers. Customers may qualify for both LIHEAP and CPUD. Click here for more information regarding the Clallam County PUD Low-Income Energy Assistance Program.
Energy Savings Information for you and your home
OTHER ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Rate Payer (Clallam County PUD)/ Pass the Buck (City of Port Angeles)
These programs may assist with up to $150 for those who have a shutoff notice or need deposit assistance.
Rainy Day (Jefferson County PUD)
This program may assist with up to $500 for those who have a shutoff notice. Click here for information regarding the Jefferson County PUD Rate Reduction Program.
Canal Comfort Fund (Mason County PUD)
This program may assist with $150 for those who have a shut-off notice or need deposit assistance.