Energy Assistance

***OlyCAP’s energy assistance program is not

accepting new applications while we prepare

for the 2021-2022 season.

We will re-open for scheduling appointments

and submitting applications mid-October.***

Program Overview

OlyCAP may be able to provide up to $1,000 towards your home heating costs each year. If you qualify for the program, you can receive assistance even if you are not behind on your bill and/or have not received a shut-off notice. Funding is currently plentiful and we encourage those who qualify to schedule an appointment.

There are currently two grants available: LIHEAP and Clallam PUD Low-Income Energy Assistance

LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance)

  • Funding Available October thru September
  • Electricity
  • Oil
  • Propane
  • Wood and Wood Pellets

LIHEAP grants can also cover a situation where your heat is included in your rent.

Clallam PUD Low-Income Energy Assistance

The CPUD Low-Income Energy Assistance Grant is available to Clallam County PUD customers. Customers may qualify for both LIHEAP and CPUD. Click here for more information regarding the Clallam County PUD Low-Income Energy Assistance Program.

Please continue to pay your energy bills or make payment arrangements with your utility provider until your application is processed.


If you have been disconnected or have less than a 10-day supply of oil, wood or propane, please contact your local OlyCAP office to schedule an emergency appointment. In addition, those with a disconnection notice should contact their energy provider immediately.

Energy Providers

City of Port Angeles- 360-457-0411

Clallam County PUD- 360-452-9771, Option 2

Jefferson County PUD- 360-385-5800

Mason County PUD- 360-877-5249 

energy assistance Income Eligibility Guidelines

There are various deductions and exclusions allowed for different types of income. LIHEAP staff must calculate your household’s actual income at the time of appointment .


Along with your Application for Energy Assistance you will need to provide the following documents, for more information please refer to our Required Documents List.

  • Photo ID for all household members 18 and over.
  • Verification of Identity for all household members under 18
  • Proof of Social Security Number for all household members
  • Proof of income for all household members over 18 for the four months prior to application
  • Copy of your current utility bill or proof of account number


Energy Savings Information for you and your home




Rate Payer (Clallam County PUD)/ Pass the Buck (City of Port Angeles)

These programs may assist with up to $150 for those who have a shutoff notice or need deposit assistance.


Rainy Day (Jefferson County PUD)

This program may assist with up to $500 for those who have a shutoff notice. Click here for information regarding the Jefferson County PUD Rate Reduction Program.



Canal Comfort Fund (Mason County PUD)

This program may assist with $150 for those who have a shut-off notice or need deposit assistance.